Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Week 19 Weigh-in: Nothing much to report.

Starting weight: 505.4 lbs
Week 19 Weight: 457.6 lbs
Week 19 Change: -1.4 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 47.8 lbs

===

Sorry for the late update. I really don't have that much to say about the weight loss. Glad it's still moving in the right direction. Wish it were moving faster.

But hey, here's something:

On Sunday afternoon, I walked/jogged the Monster Mash 5K for the third year in a row.  No costume, sadly. But I was just happy to be out there.  And without really training for it, being under-hydrated and sleep-deprived, I was still able to set a PR (personal record) of 59:42 for the distance.  It's a pathetic time, but it's my best, so I'll take it.  I even jogged for a minute or so in a couple of stretches during Miles 2 and 3. Never did that before either.

And that sub-60 time? Purely the difference in weight, which just blows me away. If I had properly trained, I might have been able to shave at least a few minutes off THAT time.  This is the first race I've done in about 11 months, and just losing 35-40 pounds between then and now made a huge difference.  I look forward to seeing how losing even more will help me going forward.

So. Positives all around. Trying to keep on the straight and narrow, diet-wise, which has been tricksy with Halloween. Basically, when I give in, I just have to count it all and make it work. Hopefully, my counts have been true and my body is able to cope with the sugar influx. 

Non-Scale Victory: Not buying any discounted Halloween candy.  Boom.

Have a good rest of your week, gang. Hopefully, the next post will be a milestone celebration.  If not, well, then it'll be the next one. I'm in it for the long haul, remember?

3 comments:

Jaimie Teekell said...

If I did a 5K right now, I could probably do it in...... 40 minutes at best. I'm jogging 1.5 miles at 19 minutes, and I'd have to rest a bit, so probably 40-45 minutes. Which is also not really good.

Go us!

Jaimie Teekell said...

Just think.... 3 weeks until Eat Whatever You Want day.

Sherri said...

Daaaaaaaaave, where are yoooooou? :)