Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 14 Weigh-in: New Threads

Starting weight: 505.4 lbs
Week 14 Weight: 463.0 lbs
Week 14 Change: -3.6 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 42.2 lbs

===

Progress. Slow. Occasionally hampered by a step backward. But progress. This is good. I'm two "good" weeks from the 50-pound mark, which will be a 10% milestone. Looking forward to that.

===

I went clothes shopping this weekend.  And because I am useless when it comes to choosing things that look good--seriously, I have almost zero fashion sense--my mom and sisters came along. (Partly because they're getting me some new duds for my upcoming birthday, so we picked out some items that I'll be "surprised" by then.) 


[EDIT: I had originally written about the shopping experience, playing up the somewhat awkward elements of going clothes-shopping with my mom and sisters.  I was going for embarrassing-funny, and maybe it was. But it was at the expense of my family, and went too far.  The fact of the matter is, I dearly love my family. Even when they accidentally embarrass me in public. And frankly, writing something moderately funny about it for this website is nowhere near worth the cost of possibly hurting their feelings if they read it. So. Sorry. Carry on.]


But the real silver lining in this, aside from some new clothes coming down the pike? I'm comfortably down a jeans size. Which is nice. Something to celebrate.

Maybe once i get the new duds, I'll post a picture or something. Who knows.

2 comments:

Jaimie Teekell said...

Wow that is awkward.

I had an awkward dressing room situation trying on dresses for my sister's wedding. They only had too-small sizes. So my mom wanted me to come out and show her what the dress looked like, and I'm all, "You can't see what it looks like because it looks like NOTHING. It's redistributing my FAT. It's not even a DRESS right now."

And of course they made me come out anyway. Because other people were there, not just my mom, and I looked "rude" and "unsupportive."

And then they're all "Turn around!"

Ugh, eff getting Grave's disease.

Sherri said...

Good job, Dave. This looks like it was an awesome week for you. You're almost to 50!

And new clothes rock. Woot!