Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 2, Day 1: Weigh-in

It's been an interesting week. It's definitely strange, getting back into the "write down everything, point everything" mindset. But it's very clear from the get-go that doing so makes you mindful of just what and how much you put in your body.

I will readily admit that I didn't write down every single thing, and had a couple of meals that went a little off the rails, but for the most part, i was militant. I'm ready to make war against this disease in me--not obesity, but laziness.

SO. Things are going well. God is good. (He'd be good even if things WEREN'T going well. I'm just sayin'.)

Okay, here's the number:

Starting Weight: 504.0 pounds
Week 2 Weight: 494.2 pounds
Weekly/Total Weight Loss: -9.8 pounds

Praise the Lord for that.

And how sad is it, with simply changing my diet (I've been sick so i haven't gotten back to the gym--will do so this week), I shed a tenner. It's like my body is so desperate to be healthy that it jumps on the chance to burn off the excess.

Okay, body. Imma help you out from now on.

Waddle on, thunderin' herd.

3 comments:

Trevor said...

Sweet. My first week weigh in will be tomorrow. I picked Tuesday cause it will be a less hectic day. No more 500 lbs for you! Ever!

Dave said...

Heck yes, dude.

Rachael said...

Good for you. I'm trying to decide whether to way in once a month or once a week. I was originally leaning towards once a month but now I'm not sure. I think I may need to go to once a week to make sure I'm getting results.